Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ms. Abby goes to Washington!


 



This year, Abby saved enough money to pay for half a plane ticket to go to No. VA to visit her Grandma and cousins.  She flew all by herself for the first time.  Needless to say I was a nervous wreck - but Abby's text when she got there was "I made it in one piece!"  







Abby had a great time with her g-ma and cousins for a week and then Jack and I flew out for a second week.  We really crammed in the sightseeing this time!  We went to Hershey Park, PA with Takemotos and McMullin kids - a great amusement park.  Thanks, Grandma!!  Both kids loved the rides!! 



Mount Vernon
Abby is not happy to have her picture taken, once again!!
Abby and I drove to all the big monuments on Sunday evening!



We also were able to go to several museums, Mount Vernon, monuments, etc....  The weather was gorgeous!!!  We loved driving around in Grandma's convertible as we toured the monuments downtown:)  

2 comments:

  1. Look at Abby, such a globetrotter! I love her new bob too. Don't you just love DC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby is looking so big! I cannot believe how long it has been since we've seen you guys! I hope we can see you soon.

    ReplyDelete