I never would have thought such a tiny little red ball could be so delicious!! This little cherry tomato is the first fruits of my garden! I have been wanting to plant a vegetable garden for years! I always had excuses for not starting one - and finally this year, I really felt the need to learn how to grow vegetables...
and here is the fruit of my labors!
During Conference weekend, I decided to go ahead and buy the materials and just put it together. I had done a bit of research, so I went to the garden center and bought the supplies. What I didn't realize was how hard it was going to be to get the dirt and 4x4's in to the back yard:) Luckily a friend saw the job ahead of me and called her hubby and brother to come over and help - 20 min later I had the supplies ready to go (Thanks Libby, Josh and Jeremy!). I cut the 4x4's to dimension and went to building the container (just like big lincoln logs!) The next day between Conference sessions, Frederick, Jack and I went out and put the soil and compost in. Jack loved dancing and stomping on the soil.... We then planted the veggies and herbs. I am excited to say that I have had fresh flowers, I have cooked with the basil and dill and have eaten 1 cherry tomato! Pretty soon I will be able to share it with someone:)
But for now - I am happy with tasting the one bite!
And as Jack said -
"We will NEVER have to go to the store again!"


It looks so lovely! I love gardening...but we haven't even planted ours yet. It snowed 3 inches on Saturday, so we have to wait a little longer!
ReplyDeleteFUN!!!! i'm jealous - wish I had the space!
ReplyDeleteOh wouldn't it be so nice to never have to go to the store again! But I think you need more than 1 tomato for that :) It looks great! Nothin like home grown veggies.
ReplyDelete